Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WOYWW-Valentines for a Card Drive

Hello Everyone,
It has been a  while since I  visited the Stamping Ground for a peek at all the workdesks around the world .  I thought it would be fun to visit today!  For more info on "What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday" check out  Julia's blog.  I have a different work area now--I moved in October  and am still working on setting everything up.

I have been making Valentines for the "Cards from the Heart" card drive organized by Winter-see her blog for info.  The cards go to hospitalized children on Valentine's day.  I have 55 cards ready to go out.  Here is my desk and table while the work is in progress.  I have a new Ott light that works quite well.  The paint brushed were for some other project and did not get put away.  I am trying out different ribbons with the papers.  The tea cut has a tissue with essential oils on it so my work area smells good.  LOL


The little white tags get stamped later and have ribbon added at the top.  I did not end up using the paper doilies on this design.



Paper selection going on here.


Thought it would be fun to die cut some felt.  I did use these on some CAS Valentines.  I will be posting all the cards though out this month and next.  Here is a sneak peek at the cards.


Well, I am off to check out the workdesks!!  Check back later for a full post on one of the Valentines card.  Hope you are having a great day!  We are getting snow and cold temperatures. Just the perfect day to stay inside and do a little blogging!  I must go make some coffee before I do one more thing!   See you soon!  Love ya
Karen

13 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea of valentines card for the children !!! I just got up (being on the west coast).....so coffee is in my hand.
    darlene #52

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cards and such a good idea to make the cards for those children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards! Great idea to give to children! Thanks for visiting and Happy WOYWW!
    Carol n #47

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! I finally found you. I'm having trouble getting my head around Valentines so close after Christmas. Guess I should, though. Looks like your die cutter is hard at work, too.

    Thanks for visiting while I slept. I tell people this is CRAFT room equipment and to keep it separate from kitchen equipment. I also point out they wouldn't put gesso in their soup, so it stands to reason they keep these things separate. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, Loving your beautiful cards.


    Thanks for stopping by my blog.


    Happy WOYWW
    Sue 27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours going on. Stay warm - it's very cold here in Michigan and snowy. I'm in Kalamazoo. Still wondering how/why I ended up here lol. Beautiful state but very cold in winter

    Sharon #50

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are looking brilliant ! Great cause & I can see how much time & care you have put into them ! Thanks for your visit Ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the visit and comment, Karen. I did reply to your question on my blog about the glue spreader. Nice papers and cards on your desk. I have that SU set of written words --love it! What a great thing to do for the children --- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fifty-five cards.

    You know that's a LOT of cards, right? No, wait, that's all in a day's play for Miss Karen! (You already know I'm impressed by your card making!)

    Happy WOYWW, Karen!

    :)trisha
    #62 today with
    rabbits

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite would have to be the felted hearts and elegant script.... although they are all so pretty. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @15

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for calling by at mine yesterday. I had a long busy day yesterday so am having to catch up with my visits today.
    How lovely to make the cards for poorly children. They are really pretty.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 11

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for visiting earlier, hope to use the stamps and gelli plate next week.
    Love the pink cards you are making, I'm not a valentine person myself but love to look at them, yours are gorgeous.
    Have a good week
    Bishopsmate #41

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.