Today I would like to share a card I made with Lost Coast Design stamps and washi tape. I used the washi tape to create a colorful and dynamic background.
Stamp: Los Tres Caballeros from Lost Coast Design
Ink: Black dye
CS: Glossy White; Gray; and Black
Washi Tape in three different designs
- Make a card from black CS
- Cut a layer from gray CS
- Cover the card base with washi tape placing the tape at an angle to the edge of the card---I used eleven strips on this 5.5 x 5.75 inch card
- Wrap the ends of the washi tape to the back of the gray CS piece
- Add the washi cover Gray CS layer to the card base
- Stamp the Los Tres Caballeros on glossy CS with black die ink twice
- Color the background with Copic markers on one of the stamped images and tear the bottom edge
- Layer with black CS
- Fussy cut the Los Tres Caballeros from the second stamped image
- Add the fussy cut images to the first image using dimensional adhesive under the faces and hats; glue the bottom edge flat
- Wrap bakers twine around piece
- Add to the card base with dimensional adhesive
This would make a fun birthday card. I think that is what I will do with it. Or, it would be a cute any occasion card too.
My card has a bit of red in it---for the March Lost Coast Design Challenge--there is still time to enter a card with Lost Coast Designs stamps and some red for the challenge. See the details here. The challenge ends March 26.
The Shades of Green Blog hop is still open as well. See the details for the blog hop here. The blog hops ends March 30.
See you soon with more crafty fun!! Hope you are having a great day!! Love ya.