Friday, November 21, 2014

Christmas Card - One layer Made in Under 5 Minutes

Hi Dreamers!
Back today with a Christmas card that is super easy.  I was blogging around and saw a challenge to make a One Layer card in under 5 minutes (Mod Squad Challenge).  I thought I was up to that challenge!!  And, it sounded fun.....  So, I grabbed a few stamps and a piece of white card stock---



***** Christmas Sleigh One Layer Card- Total time to make - 4 minutes
Within the 4 minutes, I even had time to decorate the envelope.



Materials List:
Stamps: Work of Art and Open Sleigh from Stampin' Up; sentiment on inside from The Artful Stamper
CS:white
Ink: Real Red - Stampin' Up; Rich Cocoa - Memento
Ribbons



Instructions:

  • Make card from White CS
  • Ink the brush stroke stamp with Real Red ink and stamp 3 times without reinking
  • Stamp the sleigh and Merry Christmas with Rich Cocoa
  • Tie the ribbons in bow around card




  • Stamp sentiment on inside
  • Ink Sleigh stamp and stamp off once and then stamp on inside
  • Stamp one brush stroke and sleigh on the envelope
DONE!!!  In 4 Minutes.   
I liked it well enough that I made 3 more!!  LOL  Here are the other three using a green ink (Old Olive Stampin' Up).  I gave one a red card base (because I stamped the sentiment on the inside upside down!!  LOL). It's all good!





 *******Challenges for my One Layer Christmas Card:
Mod Squad: one layer Christmas card in under 5 minutes
Winter Wonderland: Christmas only--sentiment on front of card
Red Rubber Inspiration: repeat yourself
Christmas Cards all year Round: Christmas only- no DP
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Extra: anything Christmas goes

I think I am done with my Christmas cards now.  I have 55 cards and I think that will be enough.  I will continue to share the cards up until Christmas day.  I also have a pretty vintage Birthday card made with Flonzcraft stamps for the next post.  So, see you then.  Hope you are having a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card design done in under five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brush stroke.. the way you explained it made the light bulb go off in my head. Of course you stamp 3 times without reinking. For some reason I was thinking.. you need three shades of red! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ideas for quick Christmas cards, they come in handy for mass makes or if I need one in a hurry! The stamps are gorgeous too and the cards look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and festive!! They definitely look like they took longer to make too! Love how you used the brush stroke stamp!! Thanks for joining us this week @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
    Drea DT Host Inspirational #147

    ReplyDelete
  5. What super fast wonderful cards! Thank you for joining the challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals Blog this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.