Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Butterfly Cards for Operation Write Home

Hi Dreamers,
I am back today with a few more of the Charity cards.  The cards will go to Operation Write Home and Card Care Connections.    I also made a few for my friend--and one or two for my own "to send" box.
The theme for today is: butterflies.  I went a bit crazy making butterfly cards.  I made lots of color variations, but I am just showing one of each here.  On the first card, I was inspired by a card in a Stampin' Up catalog.
Card #1


Materials:
Stamps: all from Stampin' Up
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Punches: Postage stamp- Stampin Up
Dies: small label - Amuse Studios







Card #2



Materials:
Stamps: Scrolls - Basic Grey; Sentiment - Amuse Studios
Ink: Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip - Stampin Up
CS: white
Orange jewels
Butterfly die cuts- Sizzix








**********A few fun challenges for my Butterfly Charity Cards:

Operation Write Home ODBD Challenge: insects
The Sisterhood of Crafters: white on white--2nd card
Through the craft room door: anything goes
Craft Your Passions: no DP---2nd card
4 Krafty Girlz: anything goes


Coming up in Dreamland:  More of the Doll Border cards and more of the Charity cards.  I have been making more cards all week!  I am going to finish up the 20 I have out on my work table and then that will be all for the charity cards.  I will get them packed up and sent off.  Still a bit of work to do with those.  But, all for a good cause.  I hope you are having a great week!  Love ya.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very pretty but our challenge is WHITE on WHITE.
    The Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just great Karen!! I love the flourish stamp on the second one!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful! Wonderful job-love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.