Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Making Backgrounds and Collage Style Stamping

Hi Dreamers!
As you know, I love to make my own backgrounds.  I have been at it again..... My project fits in perfectly with the Simon's Monday Challenge---A Mystery Technique.  Can you guess how I made the backgrounds???   I was also inspired by the guest designer over on the Paper Artsy blog to use stamps to create a collage effect.  





Have you guessed how I made the background?  Oh, I will tell you now.  Check out the list of materials and that will give you a clue.


Materials:
Stamps: Lynne Perrella's Pacific Queen and Hot Pick 1102--both from Paper Artsy Stamps
Ink: Jet Black Archival; Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up
Distress Ink: Pumice Stone
Spray inks and Glimmer Mists
CS: Cream, black, Sage Shadow _Stampin' Up (retired)
Crafters Workshop Template- Mini Capricious



Instructions:

  • Start by making the background --lay the template over the CS and spray with one color of ink
  • The way to get the depth and almost reverse image look to the background is to flip the template over onto a clean piece of CS without cleaning the template and spraying more ink.  
  • Let backgrounds dry







  • Stamp with black and Bordering Blue inks
  • Distress edges with Pumice Stone DI
  • Layer onto Black CS and a card base of Sage Shadow
  • Add ribbon and black lace







Inside



  • Add one of the pieces left over from trimming to the inside.  Still lots of room to write a note.



A few fun Challenges for my Paper Artsy Quote Card:
Simon's Monday: Mystery technique
Paper Artsy: be inspired by guest designer + PA stamp--I was inspired to create a project with a collage style stamping like the sample that Liz made on Tuesday.

I have two more Paper Artsy cards to share!  So, check back in a bit!!  See you soon.  Love ya.
Karen

10 comments:

  1. very nice and I liked to guess the technique...I guess stencils...so i guess I was right Huh! bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I luv this - going to have to give it a try. !!!! I just bought myself two new stencils too.
    darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful, I especially like the layered background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, Karen! And such a lovely background! A very clever mystery. :)Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the colors and patterns!! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different patterns hidden in your background, it's very effective.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab background! Love the collage stamping too. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.