Thursday, May 23, 2013

Studio Re-do--My Creative Space

Hi Dreamers!
Well, I have some photos of my Studio re-do!  I even remembered to take a few "befores" and "durings".  Keep in mind this is a small room that measures about 10' x 10' with two large windows and three doors.  I am still fine tuning things as I begin to work in the room again.  I am suffering from ink separation anxiety.  LOL  I have to figure out how to get my ink pads back over to my work area.  Right now the ink pads are  on the very tall bookcase.   I will start with the before pictures.



BEFORE



 BEFORE


I had lots of things on the floor.  Which I did not like and felt like I was tripping over things all the time.   I was not really utilizing that area between the window.  I moved the sewing machine cabinet to the left under the window.  



DURING

In this photo I have begun to take everything down and remove that big white table.  I had lots of things under that table too.  I also removed the old blinds and actually washed the windows!   




AFTER


This is what you see when you walk into the room.



AFTER


Here is the new bookcase and the clean windows with different valances and new shades.




AFTER

This is the new desk/hutch.  And, I moved the smaller bookcase to this side of the room.  




Close up of the hutch.  This is where I would like to fit in the ink pads.  Or at least some of my ink pads.  The top will be a display area for finished projects.  I haven't got to that yet.  I used the decorative boxes for spools of thread.  




This is the smaller bookcase with new matching baskets.  I have all my 12 x 12 papers and CS on the top.  In the baskets are my die cuts, embossing folders, small dp pads, items to alter, and a miscellaneous basket. There are wood mounted stamps in the plastic drawer storage piece.  These are great because the top can be pulled off and more drawer frames can be added.  I have another of these plastic drawer units that is not in the photo.  That one also contains wood mounted stamps.



So, now I can get in there and start making a few things again.  When I first finished the room, I did not want to go in there and make anything.  I just wanted to enjoy it all clean and neat.  LOL I just did not want to mess it up again.  LOL  What a dope!  Well, I have gotten over that and made a few things on Monday.     Let me know if you have any ideas for the ink pads.  I have had a few already from my friend, Di.  I may see if I can get out the saw and hammer and knock a few pieces of wood together for a shelf that would sit up high--the CS would still fit under it.  I could place ink pads on that.  We will see.  So, I hope you have enjoyed taking a look at my little corner of the world.  Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a lovely day.  Love ya.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Wow Karen what a difference your room now is stunning and what a lot of crafty goodies hope to see some of your amazing creation soon after seeing this lovely crafty room take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is your room. I am in the unfortunate position that I do not have an allocated room, and have craft stuff in cupboards everywhere and have to work on the dining room table. However my hubby died last year and so I don't have to worry about making a mess. Hope you have Happy Crafting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant makeover... everything looks so inviting now, and ready to play. I love the "During" picture - it always has to get worse before it gets better, doesn't it?!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful! So tidy and organized. Don't worry about messing it up, you have photos of it all clean and perfect. Enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! That's what I'm in the middle of doing as well! Since February!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.