Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Have My Eye on You with Lost Coast Designs


Hi Dreamers!
I am back with a really fun image from Lost Coast Designs called Face with Butterfly.  I made two pretty different cards with this stamp.  On the first card, I also stamped the Iron Works Border repeatedly on a background of brown packing paper.  On the second I stamped on white tissue paper.  As you can tell, I don't throw out all those interesting papers that come with shipped orders.  LOL  (I purchased all my inks and Markers from Blockheads Paper Arts.)





  • Start by making a card base from Kraft CS and layering with  a bright green CS.
  • On brown packing paper---the kind that is used to cushion items during shipping----stamp the Iron Works border stamp with Rich Cocoa Memento ink repeatedly.






  • Stamp the Face With Butterfly with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
  • Color some of the stamped areas with Distress Markers by Ranger.




  • Crumple the stamped brown paper and add some Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
  • Add to card
  • Tie a knot in a piece of ribbon and hand gather the tails.






The second card is a bit different from the first card. On this card, I stamped on white tissue paper.  







  • Make a card base from Blue CS and layer with wine CS






  • On a piece of white CS, stamp the Face with Tuxedo Black Memento ink
  • Color this image with Copic Markers using bold colors.  Don't bother to do any shadowing and shading.
  • On  a piece of white Tissue Paper, stamp the face again.
  • Position the Tissue paper over the stamped and colored image matching up the images exactly.
  • Wrap the edges of the tissue paper around the white CS and glue.





Love this soft effect that results from overlaying with the stamped tissue paper!!

I would like to enter my Face With Butterfly card #1 in the Simon Says  Stamp and Show challenge:
Use a background stamp in an interesting way  or use a stamp to create a background.----------
I used a border stamp to create an interesting background.

The weather is beautiful here in good old Michigan today!! Already 70 degrees F!!!  So I am going to head outside and get a bit of work done in the garden.  Lots of old dead stuff to cut down.  Doesn't that sound like fun!!??  Sure!   I will be back later this week with a Spring in Paris card made with Stampsmith stamps.  OHHH!  That will be fun!!
I hope you are having a great day in your little corner of the world.   Love ya.
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Oh Karen you really are so creative this is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful makes, Karen - the image is extraordinary, and I love what you've done with it! That first piece has such a look of an ancient fresco or manuscript - amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pieces! Great idea to use a border stamp to create a background. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.