Happy Tuesday! What, Tuesday is not a day to celebrate !! Sure it is! We should celebrate everyday as a precious gift. So, Happy Tuesday. And on this lovely day, I have a pretty sea green colored card to share with you. I made the background for this card using my new mono printing Plate from Blockheads Paper Arts. This is really a fun new toy! I made a stack of background pieces and used one of them on this card.
Stamps: Idea Quote and Grunge It Up from Blockheads Stamps
Coffee Archival Ranger
Black Soot Distress Ink
mono printing Plate
Mini Damask Crafters Workshop Template
Cardstock: sea green, dark brown, and white
- Make the background using the mono printing Plate. Here is a video with some tips
- Use the Damask Template on the Gelli Plate
- When paint is dry, trim the background
- Stamp the floral stamp on the background with Coffee ink.
- Layer with brown CS on a sea green card base.
- Stamp the sentiment with Black soot ink
- Cut with die and layer with brown CS
- Add Ribbon and Rhinestones
- On the inside, add a strip of the background
- Stamp the floral image
Some super fun Challenges:
365 Cards: tone on tone background
Artistic Inspirations Crafts: anything goes
Paper Take Weekly: pick of the year ---my pick is July 24-Make your own--I made my own background paper
Tuesday Taggers: Lucky dip pick four---ribbon, sentiment, distressing, die cut
Simon Says stamp: Favorite--making my own backgrounds
Some tips on using the mono printing plate: make sure that you don't apply the paint too thickly. I achieved the best results with two layers. Have fun, this is a great addition to my craft tools. Hope you have a great day! Love ya.