Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Glitzy Santa Tag

Hi Dreamers,
I have been working on a few Christmas items.  Mostly cards that I will sell. But, today I have a Santa Tag that will dress up any plain gift bag.  This fun tag was made with the Blockhead Stamps set An Illustrated Christmas.  I have attached it to a plain brown paper gift bag.  The tag would look equally nice on a fancier gift bag.  But, what a great way to make a plain bag snazzy in just a few minutes.




Materials List:
Stamps: An Illustrated Christmas from Blockheads Stamps
Ink: Black Pigment
Black Embossing Powder
Tarnished Bronze Metallic Stains - Ranger
Cream Cardstock
Holly 3-D sticker
Ribbon

 To make the tag:

  • Cover a tag cut from Cream Cardstock with Tarnished Bronze Metallic Stain
  • Let Dry
  • Stamp Santa with black pigment ink
  • Heat Emboss with black powder




  • Add ribbon through the hole of the tag and tie another piece of ribbon in a bow around.
  • Add the Holly 3-D sticker
  • Attach to the gift bag.  (I used a red paper clip so that the tag can be easily removed.)





A few fun Challenges for my Santa Tag:
Holly Jolly Christmas: Santa
Craft door magazine: Anything goes
Christmas stamping: traditional colors
Jingle bells: a living creature
Winter Wonderland: anything but a card

Well, I still have a very long way to go with my Christmas cards.  I will get started in earnest soon.   Yes, I know, I have been saying that for a few weeks!   Well, anyways, I wish you a great day!!  Love ya.
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Simple but so effective! I switched to brown parcel paper for Christmas presents years ago - so easy to wrap with and you can dress it up differently each year... I spy some tags in my near future - thanks for the inspiration!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Santa tag. Thank you for joing us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, lovely Santa image. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Santa Tag! I love that Stamp. Thanks for sharing with Through the Craftroom door this week and i hope you had time to hop with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pop of color on that sweet Santa tag ... so glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple tag, but at the same time so beautiful! Love the addition of the little holy leaves. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous santa stamp, and i just lovely that fabulous dimensional holly on his hat! thanks for joining in the "creature feature" fun with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.