Friday, October 5, 2012

Felling Regal Tags with Metallic Stains

Hi Dreamers!
Happy Friday!  Let the weekend begin.  I think I will take a few hours this weekend and finish up some Halloween cards.  But, today, I have two tags that I made while experimenting with my new Metallic Distress Stains.  Very fun!  The stains are very shimmery and lustrous.  I paired them with metallic ribbons, glitter glue, and stamping.

Tag # one - Royal Damask :




Materials List:
Stamps
Feeling Regal from Blockheads Stamps
Flowers-Daisy (For You sentiment)
Inks 
Black Pigment Colorbox
Tuxedo Black Dye Memento
Metallic Distress Stains
Tarnished Brass
Antiqued Bronze
Black Embossing Powder
Cream and Wine  CS
Glitter glue
Ribbons



Apply the Metallic stain to a tag cut from cream CS. Dry the stain.  Stamp the large Damask stamp with Black Pigment ink and heat emboss with black powder.




Add ribbons to the side and through the hole of the tag.  Add some gold pearls.  Stamp the sentiment on wine cs.  Cut out and tie to ribbon.




Tag # Two - Crown Border





Make tag in same manner as above.  Stamp with Tuxedo dye ink.  




 Add metallic ribbons and glitter glue.



Of course I went crazy stamping with my new "Feeling Regal" stamp set and have several more projects to share with you.  I will post more over the next few days.  I also have lots of Halloween fun that I will post on Sundays through out October.  So, stayed tuned for all that fun stuff!

A Few fun Challenges for my Regal Tags:
365 Cards: some kind of container---a crown contains a head.
Charisma Cards: bling
Crafty Ribbons: anything but square
Through the Craft room door: anything goes #38
Simon Says stamp: glimmer and sparkle

Hope you have a great weekend!   Love ya.
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Your tags are really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love my metallic distress stains too! Thank you for playing along with the Glimmer and Sparkle Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag!
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags Karen, rich and gorgeous - I've also just started experimenting with the metallic stains... really cool! Have you seen that Our Creative Corner are being "royal" this week? Should fit right in!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along at Charisma! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Through The CraftRoom Door (TTCRD)
    Huggs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm sorry I've gotten behind on posting again... trying to get caught up again... :D
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. GReat tags!! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck.

    Caz xx CC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.