Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Quilt and Craft Show Card

Hi Dreamers!
Felling the Fall vibe yet?  The leaves are starting to change here in Michigan and have put me in the mood  to make Fall themed cards.  My project today is made with a Stampsmith Stamp Set called Country Landscape full sheet.  The quilt themed stamps on this set really made me think---Fall Quilt and craft show.  I made this card thinking that it was a poster to advertise a show in the country in Autumn.  Think rustling leaves, crisp air, and changing leaves.  Are you feeling it??!!  Here is the card.




I stamped the images with Sienna Archival ink on glossy white CS. Then cut them into squares and rectangles; and glued to a base.
I cut narrow ( 1/8") from decorative paper and used them to created a patchwork like border around the stamped images.  I let some of the borders hang off the edge of the base.

 






On the inside, I stamped a nice fall themed sentiment from Sweet N' Sassy stamps.  I will send this card out to a friend just to say Hi!


Just a reminder that The Stampsmith Grateful Challenge is still open and you have plenty of time to enter.  You could take home a $21 gift certificate to The Stampsmith store.
Hope you are having a lovely fall day!  Love ya.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Definitely feeling it - what a fantastic rustic look to these stamps, and your textured, inky look is fabulous with them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.