Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Asian Inspired Scrolls with Dragonfly

Hi Dreamers!
Hope you are having a great Monday!  I am doing good and enjoying the cooler weather here in Michigan.  Today's card is a continuation of my Asian inspired cards with heat embossing.      I call this card "Scrolls with Dragonfly".




Materials List:
Stamp-Chinese Traditional from Blockheads 
Inks:
Coffee Bean Brilliance Pigment Ink
Faded Jeans Distress Ink
Antique Linen Distress Stain
Brushed Pewter Metallic Stain
Brown Embossing Powder
CS: White, cherry red, dark brown
Grunge Board Dragonfly Die Cut
Ribbon 


Stamp the Scrolls image twice on White CS - one directly under the other.  

Heat emboss with brown embossing powder.

To make the background, apply the Antique Lined stain and Faded Jeans Distress ink to the stamped and embossed piece.  Trim to size.



 Place the ribbon over the area where the two stamped images meet.

To add pizzazz to the Grunge Board die cut apply Faded Jeans DI and then the Metallic Stain.   

Dry with heat tool.  Glue to the ribbon.





Layer onto a dark brown card base and a layer of cherry red CS.  Add two pewter colored brads to the bottom of the card.  



I love the way this stamp looks stamps twice.  It appears as if it is a larger background stamp.  Great way to maximize the value of my stamps!!  Oh, life is great!!  LOL

A few Super Fun Challenges fo my Scrolls with Dragonfly Card:

Crafty Bloggers Network: Anything goes
Lollipop Crafts: something old---brads/something new---the stamps
Victorian Originals: lots of layers
That Craft Place: make background
Crafty Mess: aged/distressed
Sugar Creek Hollow: vintage with wings

Well, I guess that does it for me today.  I have a lot going on this month in Dreamland here.  I have been playing with the new Metallic Distress Stains!!  I will have some tags to show you in a few days.  Yummy!!  And, I am also posting Halloween projects.  Lots of fun stuff through out the month.   What are you up to this month?  I know I really need to get busy on some Christmas cards!  Have you started yours??
I hope you are having a lovely day...a day as lovely as you!!  Love ya.
Karen

16 comments:

  1. Wow - that's so beautiful Karen! I love the vibrant rust colours against the faded distressed blues. And the double stamping is a fantastic idea!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Karen I love the background and the colour palette. I should really use my dragonfly die more.

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stamping and embossing. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.

    Geraldine M
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your card at SCH, what a beauty! And so generous of you to share all of the steps..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! LOVE the ribbon--the bow is gorgeous! I adore the dragonfly, too! Please come and join me at Technique Tuesday if you have a chance! Also, I have a DT call going for a new challenge blog on my personal blog if you're interested! Happy stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A most eye-catching card. The embossed stamping is terrific - like you say, stamping twice is very effective - and the colours you've used work very well together. That ribbon is stunning too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh. Love the Fashionista wall paper. And, Podgy, what a great idea to use it in a journal. How did such a small bear get so smart??
    Karen 91

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic embossing. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at SCH this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this stamp and the colours in this card. Finished off beautifully with the ribbon and dragonfly.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is fab thanks for joying us at craftymess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant card and interesting blend of colours. Just lovely.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Craftymess and joining in our challenge.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, I adore your colours :D

    Thanx for joining us over at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

    luv Ger x
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - this is just decadent! Love, love, love it! Those colors and that stamped background are just yummy!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card. I love the monochromatic feel and your dragonfly is just the right touch.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week. Hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow fantastic background, love the colours. Sorry I'm late this week, thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog. Happy Crafting :-) Kerry x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.