Monday, August 15, 2011

Stampsmith Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone,
Happy Monday!  It time for a new Stampsmith Challenge.  This time we have a sketch for you created by the lovely Val Wilson.




And as it is the 15th of the month, to be eligible for the prize you will have to use at least one Stampsmith Stamp.  The winner will be announced on September 1. 
I think this is a great sketch and I had fun with it.  I just selected my image and a few papers and the whole thing came together so easily.  Here is what I came up with.



This image is called Rose Background and is available as a single stamp.  The DP's are from SEI and Basic Grey.  I stamped the image on glossy white CS with Black Soot Distress Ink.  
I added a splash of bright greenish yellow with the card base, one layer, and the wide ribbon.  Here is a close up.




So, have fun with this sketch!  You have until August 30 to make your project and link it up on the Stampsmith Challenge blog.  Glad you stopped by!  Love ya.
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Karen
    This oozes class. Absolutely gorgeous card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I am finally catching up on everyones wonderful work. I love your take on the sketch....beautiful papers and really like our you have added the bow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.