Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stampsmith Color Challenge

Hi Everyone!


It is time for a new Stampsmith Challenge! But first, I would like to say thank you to everyone who entered the Try Something New challenge. You all really rocked it!! I plan on trying out some of the techniques!


I am hosting the new challenge, which means I got to pick the theme. I thought it would be fun for everyone to try a color challenge.


It is your challenge to create a project using the colors Blue and Brown. I have always liked Blue and Brown together. There is so much scope in this combo. You can use light to dark blue and brown. You can also pair these two colors with neutrals. I like this combo so well I used it for my bedroom. You may make any type of project: a card, ATC, 3-D, etc…Have fun with it!! Make your project and link it up on the Stampsmith Challenge Blog here. Can't wait to see what you come up with.



Here are the rules: Since it is 15th of the Month you must use at least one Stampsmith image to be eligible for the random drawing - a $10 gift certificate to the Stampsmith Shop. The winner will be announced on the 1st of April.

Here is my Blue and Brown card:


I used a Stampsmith image: Billie Holiday single available at the Stampsmith Shop. I don't know anyone who sings the "Blues" better than Billie. That's why I chose her image for this card. I stamped the image in Chocolate Chip ink (Stampin' Up) on glossy white CS. The image was cut with a Spellbinders die. I layered with blue and brown papers all from Basic Grey (some papers in a blog candy from the lovely Laurel - thank you!). The card base is Chocolate Chip CS (SU). I wrapped a piece of blue tulle around the card and tied on a scrap of cotton fabric from my stash. I added a little safety pin (SU) and some gem stickers. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. Here are some detail photos.




Isn't this a fabulous image!! I just love the Stampsmith stamps. I hope you feel inspired by my card and will take the Color Challenge. Have fun!!

A few challenges for Blue Billie:

Our Creative Corner: use fabric

Simon Says Stamp: anything goes

Sunday Postcard Art: the number one - the number one female blues singer Billie Holiday

CCEE: blues and nuetrals

Do You Stack Up: layers

The Rubber Cafe: favorite Spellbinder die- Deckled Rectangle

Dutch dare: photo insprired_ I was inspired by the floral fabric in the photo.

Ginger Snap Creations: Jewel colors and gold- royalty- Billie Hoiday the queen of jazz.

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! What a wonderful subject for a project. Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Jewel Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! This is a really vivid card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is cool! Great to have you joining in with us this week at DYSU! Hope you come back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, striking card. Great mix of colors and patterns. Love it! Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. Love the funky feel of it and the colors are great. Terrific use of fabric too - especially the print tie. Wonderful take on the fabric challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Really like the image you've used on your card! Thanks for joining us this week at DDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Page!!!

    Thanks for joining us at The Rubber Cafe for this weeks challenge to use your favorite dye!

    Kristine :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Billie Holiday! The patterns are wonderful and the touch of tulle is perfect. Thanks for playing the Fabulous Fabric challenge at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the vintage feel and the colors are fabulous together! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make that Brown & Blue combo look easy. YOur layout is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC! Hope to see more of your work again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.