Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweet N Sassy "Love is in the Air" Customer Blog Hop

Hi Dear Friends,
Sweet N Sassy is having their first ever Customer blog hop this weekend. We are sure to find lots of Valentine's Day inspiration hopping along. Any one can participate. Just make a project using Sweet N Sassy stamps and add your link here by Sunday Febuary 13. The theme for their FIRST customer blog hop is "Love is in the Air".
A grand prize of a $25 shopping spree to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps will be randomly drawn from blog hop participants and announced on the SNSS blog on Monday, February 14th.
All blog hop participants (those who are in the blog hop line up) will receive an adorable Bethany Bunny digi FREE. Grab the badge and spread the word!
On to my project. I have finished all my Valentine's Day cards. So, I decided to make a gift/treat box. I started with this plain box I purchased at the dollar store.


I always associate valentine's with lace and doilies. I had some heart shaped doilies in my stash and used one as the base of my decoration. I stamped Cocoa from the "Sew Happy Cocoa Clear Stamp Set" - Sweet N Sassy. The image is watercolored. I cut out the image in a heart shape and glued it to the doily. I stamped the heart border ("Beautiful Borders" from Sweet N Sassy) and cut it out. I glued the border and a Valentine's ribbon to the doily. I added some solid red ribbon, pearls, red glitter glue, and a few more hearts. Here is the decoration before it went on the box. This could also be added to a card base or a refrigerator magnet. I was also thinking about adding a longer ribbon and hanging it on the wall.



Here is a detail photo. Isn't Cocoa Cute?!!


To finish the project, I just used a couple rows of runner tape to attach the heart doily to the gift box. I added some white tissue. Pink tissue would be cute too. I just have to fill it with goodies and I'm good to go. Here is the finished project.


Now, isn't that sweet. Just imagine all the luscious chocolates that can fit in the box. Or, maybe some home baked chocolate chip cookies. Yummm.
Hope you enjoy the blog hop. Please go and check out all the other hoppers blogs. You will not be disappointed!!
Have a great day. Love ya,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what an adorable little treat holder! Just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Love the heart shaped doily you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the heart shape doily and cute Cocoa! Lovely project. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You;ve turned an ordinary little box into extraordinary!! I love how you placed Cocoa on/in that pretty doily! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How totally cute and so fun and wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is so cute! I love the heart doily on your bag. Thanks for playing along in the hop- great project TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! Clever and absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cute idea! TFS, hugs, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen - this is so adorable! Love this sweet creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.