Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rockin' Lucy Christmas

Hi Friends,
I know I have been away from the old blog for a while and I know you will understand. My Husband was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer of the tongue that has spread to the neck. However, he does not have any cancer anywhere else in his body. So, things have been crazy here. (Not to mention I have felt pretty down and went thru a week or so of stunned numbness.) We have been running here and there almost daily to different appointments and tests to get him ready for his treatments. He will start the treatments on Monday. Please keep us in your prayers.


I been able to get a few things made over the last few days as my husband did not have any appointments this week. I have been working on some Christmas cards that I will send out. I wanted to make some Christmas cards using Stampsmith Stamps and here is what I came up with.



Isn't this a cute image??!! I think they look like they are singing "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree". This image is from Stampsmith's Lucy Full Sheet.

I made the same card in several different colors. All cards used: CS- AC Cardstock Christmas, DP-My Mind's Eye and K & Company. The Sentiment stamp is from My Sentiments Exactly!


I like pink and green for Christmas cards. What do you think?

And then here is the last one:

Fun Challenges for Rockin' Lucy:

Simon Says Stamp: Let it Snow

Sir Stampalot: Christmas Traditions -singing carols (only 5)

Crafts and Me: Snowflakes

ABC Challenges: Ice and Snow (only 4)

10 comments:

  1. fab image
    thank you so much for joining us on abc this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news about your husband, hopefully everything will go well for him. I have a friend have two tumours removed from her brain tomorrow so I know how you are feeling. Love the card, what a great image. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so love how you have used this wonderful image in your cards Karen. Yes, you and hubby are definitely in my thoughts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sorry to hear of this news about your husband, I really do hope everything will be fine soon. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen

    I love Stampsmith images, they are so different which reminds me I ought to dig mine out for an airiring.

    Super creations, hank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card goodluck at abc challenge this week.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab and Fun Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous image. I do hope things improve with your husband. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theyre all great designs and a little bit different, hope your husbands treatment goes well x

    Thank You for playing at Crafts and Me x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.