Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shiny Angel Christmas Card

Happy Wednesday Everyone,
I know it is tooo hot to think about Christmas, but I do have a Christmas card today. I used the Critter Sketch #23. See below.

Looks like and easy sketch but, I deposited several cards in the trash before I was happy with what I had. Here is the finished product.



I also wanted to incorporate Angels and glitter for the Winter Wonderland Christmas Blog Challenge Blog. And I used a DP with ornaments to qualify the card for the ABC Christmas Challenge. Oh, and you had to add glossy, shiny accents too. All the stamps are from Stampin'Up. All the papers are from Anna Griffin. There is a small piece of black CS in there too. The card base is white CS. I stamped in black ink, added layers of paper, glitter paper, and black CS for the angel. I added lots of "Shiny" brads and bumped up one of the stars and covered it with Glossy Accents, and added some silver glitter glue. To finish off, I added a shiny, silvery ribbon. Here are some detail photos so you can see all the elements. I wonder how many times I used the word shiny in this post???



Once you have the design, I think this card would go together pretty quickly. Just have to wait for the Glossy Accents and glitter glue to dry. That's it for today. Have a great day everyone!
Karen

15 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, what a lovely elegant Christmas card!
    Thanks for joining in the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooo pretty...love the color scheme! Thanks for joining the critters this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a truly stunning classy and effective Xmas card, the perfect image to set the card off so perfectly, love the papers too.
    Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland this week and hope you will join us again for the next challenge on Friday
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    thanks for the comment on the garden and joining my little section of blog land. I was once a devoted gardener, was until crafting took over my life. It is such a struggle now to get out and relax with the weeding, and I really should try harder. Currently I concentrate on the bit near the main door that we all pass every day (the rest still is shouting at me for some assistance to breathe) I hang my head in shame
    take care

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen- Stunning card! I really love the DSP and the way you popped up one of the stars! Fantastic photos of your card! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! and shiny! love it! Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge, have fun! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so beautiful Karen! I love the cream/gold colours and the gorgeous angel image! Thanks so much for joining in at Winter Wonderland this week!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful holiday card, great use of the sketch, wonderful DP. Thanks for playing at the CSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this card, it is so beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at CSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!!

    Thanks for playing with us at the Critter Challenge Blog.. hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love all the detail - this is simply elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog this week.

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty, like the colors you chose and the image. Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well your "final" product is a winner Karen! I just love the papers and your image along with your silver accent! It's beautiful! Great job with this weeks sketch!

    Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty and elegant card , thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this week. Hugs Dorte GD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.