Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Operation Write Home Spring Fling Blog Hop Day

Hello Blog Hoppers,


Well, here we are hopping along. If you got lost along the way, the starting point is the Stars and Stamps blog. And you should have hopped here from Lyneen"s blog: dreaming of castles. So welcome to Karen's blog Dreaming and Creating.





I suppose I should explain a little about Operation Write Home and what it means to me. OWH is a non-profit organization that sorts, packs, and ships handmade greeting cards to military personal around the world. The cards are made by card makers like you and I. We send the cards in to the "shippers" who do all the work. We get to goof off making fun cards. THANKS shippers!! Then cards, which are blank inside, are sent off all over the globe. The service people use the cards to keep in touch with loved ones back home. Isn't that nice?! Makes me feel all warm and squishy. To get more info check out the Home Front Blog. I enjoy making the cards because I am always happy to support our troops. I also hope that they can feel the love that I put into each card. And, if I need even more inspiration to make more cards, I go to the Hero Blog and read all the feedback from the soldiers. They just love receiving the cards and are so grateful. After I read the Hero Blog I usually run into my studio and get to work. So, OWH is just one big circle of feeling good.



There is still time to get a few Mother's Day Cards made up and sent in. The deadline for Mother's Day is April 1st.


Now on to business:


Keeping with the Springy Thinking-of-you theme, I made "Flowers in a Frame". I used Almost Amethyst and Blush Blossom card stock, and Blooming With Love stamp set all from Stampin' UP. I used various inks to water color the stamped image. I added a sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly! Some Cosmo Cricket decorative paper. And I used two Sizzix die cuts: Frame #2 and Flower Layers#3. To make the tulle ruffle: cut a strip and run long stitches along one long edge. Pull the stitches and the tulle will form a ring. Over lap the two short ends and tack together with a few stitches. (Yes, it is sewing, but not too much sewing.) I glued it down to the card with Tacky glue. Very easy and looks so sweet with a die cut flower and a big brad.






Well, I guess that's all for my blog. There is still more fun ahead. Now hop on over to Nancy's blog Scrap Happens and see what she has in store for you. Thanks for joining me for the hop and have a super day!!


Karen

58 comments:

  1. Ooh, I adore the tulle ruffle. Such a beautiful soft card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I love you card! It is so cute.
    thank you for sharing,
    darlene a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Karen your card is so soft and pretty! That flower is STUNNING!

    Sorry about all the goofups earlier....thanks for your patience. There's a huge stream of bloghoppers coming behind me....brace for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your use of the Earth Love paper in your card. Such a great Spring Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. Such soft colors and the toole behind the flower is great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is amazing. Love the pastels. Thanks you! `Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card! Thanks for supporting OWH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the frame detail cut from the pretty printed paper and such lovely colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I love the colors in this card, and the fluffy behind the flower is too coool. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when cards use sewing for detail. The tulle is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tulle flower,Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pastel colors... love your card!
    hugs bonnierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, the color scheme on that card is just gorgeous. I love the patterned paper, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card rocks and I love how you used the tulle on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your flowers in the frame and what a great way to use tulle! I have a couple rolls of it and wasn't sure what I was gonna do with it all. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen,
    Your card is beautiful and I never would have thought to use tulle, thank you for the great idea.
    God Bless,
    JEanine #14 on the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. And as a military wife I must say thank you for helping OWH keep families together in heart despite being apart because of duty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - I love the frame! I have had some frames laying around for a while and now I have an idea of how to use them! Thanks for joining the bloghop today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the tulle flower Karen! Such a pretty card. Thanks for ALL you do for OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card...I love the layering of the flower! Thanks for stopping my and leaving your comments... good luck in my OWH giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely, love the tulle w/ your flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea, !!! and the colors are just so sweet. This will be a keepsake for some family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Putting the flowers in the frame is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH! That frame makes that card! Well done! Thank you for sharing on the hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would never have thought about using toile in that way. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a pretty card!!! Love the colors!

    As a military spouse and someone new to OWH, I thank you for taking part in this awesome blog hop and in OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card. Love your color schme. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks for sharing the instructions as well as the card. I love your colour palette on this... very soft and gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH WOW!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that flower. I will definitely be using that idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card nice thing your doing
    Lynn in Lancaster Ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so loving this card! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card and I too love the tulle....and will have to try that myself.....thank you for sharing this awesome creation.....

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty! I love the stamp and the papers and the tulle is a really soft, spring-feeling touch!

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful soft colors love it

    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that frilly pink ruffle! What a lovely card in general...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a pretty flower! Thanks for your support of OWH and our Heroes!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Karen, I really like your lovely, soft card and definitely should go to a girly-girl even though anyone would be so happy to receive it. Just beautiful! Blessings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your card! So light and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What pretty embellishment you created! Feminine and soft. Someone is going to love getting this from their soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your card is very much a Spring card and pretty.
    Thanks for contributing to the OWH Spring Blog Hop.
    Sher

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such an exquisite spring creation!!! What can I say, but...I LOVE IT...every gorgeous detail!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great card. I really like the frame and the tulle on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a pretty card!!! I love the tulle embellie. Thanks for sharing how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. So pretty! Love the little flower accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very pretty! Love the tulle flower!

    ReplyDelete
  46. your card is so lovely and sweet! love the tulle
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card. Love how you did the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your blog is so nice and I love your cards. Thanks for stopping by at the OWL Blog hop the other day, hope you join my blog and stay tune for more tutorials.
    God Bless,
    Jeanine
    www.blstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great job. I love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Cute card. I gotta bring some of my sewing into the cards I make - your card just reminds me - lovely job on the tulle flower. Thanks for being a part of the blog hop for this 'oh so worthy' cause !

    ReplyDelete
  51. KAREN>>you won my blog candy!! PLease email at DezzertDweller@cox.net so I can mail ti to you! Thanks for visiting! I also became a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your card is beautiful! I lOVE how you added a bit of tulle to it.

    Corinna
    www.myscrapbooklife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.